If you are a Trend Micro user, then you may want to know about & use its HouseCall. Here we, the certified Trend Micro Support professionals have arrived to provide you with the complete package of information related to the same. So, let’s start with:
Trend Micro HouseCall is a widely demanded system scanner tool especially designed for scanning its users’ device deeply in order to detect and remove every possible threat or unwanted files. Its ‘instinctive interface & fast scanning’ feature focus on inspecting critical areas of the system for finding the active malware & catching latest threats.
What’s innovative in HouseCall?
The HouseCall has been fructify with various new features like:
- Using its ‘Full & Custom scan’ options, the users can choose particular folders which they want to scan
- Quick scan option has reduced the scanning time and can scan all the corners/ critical areas of the system within a couple of minutes
- Stand-alone & Browser-Independent application avoid technical issues occur due to compatibility problem related to Browser-Activated scanning utilities.
- Smart Scan features threat intelligence technology in the cloud and offers advance protection
- Smart Feedback technology share information regarding threats with Trend Micro’s Smart Protection Network in order to detect latest threats instantly by relating the shared data with global intelligence network
- Review & Restore feature allow the users to recover the files by checking & correlating the scan results
- Improved Detection & Cleanup feature has been provided to eradicate rootkits type threats
Note: If you are using Trend Micro Internet Security, then feel happy as your security suite can perform all the functions of HouseCall along with providing automatic updates, spyware detection as well as eradication, firewall protection, spam phishing and identity theft protection, and Wi-Fi network security.
What kind of Scans can the HouseCall perform?
Your Trend Micro HouseCall allows you to perform 3 kinds of antivirus scans, read the description given below:
Quick Scan: This scanning takes a time of only few minutes and is programmed to focus on critical areas of the system for detection and removal of active virus, malware, spyware. It even inspects in-process operations, all disk sections and essential registry files to ensure that no active threats or rootkits or malevolent browser plug-ins are present in the system.
Full Scan: Though take a long time yet beneficial as this process check each and every section (like all files, folders, programs, etc.) of the system scans for any possible threat.
Custom Scan: It works according to the users means it inspect only those files and folders that are specified by the users only. Here the users have to choose the folder that they want to scan or feel suspicious.
How to Scan the Device using Trend Micro HouseCall?
Instructions to use HouseCall are provided below:
Whether you want to use the HouseCall for any device, the first thing you have to do is – Download and save it.
Recommendation: You are advised to save the HouseCallLauncher.exe file & then utilize the file to start with your scanning process. You should also check this page on regular basis in order to get the latest available launcher file.
If you are the beginner then you are recommended to go for ‘Quick Scan’ which is provided additionally with the ‘Folder Scan’ & ‘Full Scan’.
Selecting the Smart Feedback Scan is also beneficial as it support you to make your Smart Protection Network more powerful by sharing information related to detected malware & threats with our global threat intelligence.
Follow the steps provided below to run the scan using your Trend Micro’s HouseCall:
The users owing devices with Windows operating system should do as directed below:
- Download the HouseCall & save it onto your system’s desktop.
- Click ‘Run’.
Wait for a while as the HouseCall is taking time in downloading the necessary elements that have to accomplish the program of running on your system
- Carefully read the entire license agreement & then tick the check box present in front of ‘I Accept’ option followed by clicking on ‘Next’.
- Click the ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Scan Type’ tab.
- Select the type of scan you like to run
- Click OK.
- Click ‘Scan Now’.
Rest until the scan finish. Now, a list incorporating the threats detected while scanning your computer along with the actions taken to remove them will appear on your system’s screen.
- Close the Window by click the ‘X’ button located on the upper right corner.
The users owing devices with Mac should do as directed below:
- Download the HouseCall provided for Mac
- Open Housecall.dmg.
- Move the downloaded file to the Applications folder
- Open the ‘HouseCall’ file.
- When a window with a warning appears, click ‘Open’ there
Wait for completion of the initialization process.
- Carefully read the entire license agreement & then tick the check box present in front of ‘I Accept’ option followed by clicking on ‘Next’
- Once the scanning process get complete, click ‘Exit’
So, if you feel the presence of infections on your PC. The aforementioned steps to run the Trend Micro HouseCall will support you to detect & eradicate several type of dangerous threats instantly within couple of minutes. If want to know more about this or any other feature of your security suite, contact the long-term experienced Trend Micro Technical Support Number – 0-800-368-7760 engineers. The highly-qualified specialists can help you via Trend Micro Live Chat Support service as well.