Identity theft has become one of the most committed cybercrimes. Every new day comes up with increasing number of cases reporting this dangerous practice of the cybercriminals. All these considerations and the aim of securing the digital users have made our licensed McAfee Support professionals reach here today.
What is the role of McAfee Tech Support Number engineers?
Actually, the engineers here are the dedicated helpers who are always taught to very well accomplish their duty of support the people to work safely in this digital world. Therefore, they have arrived with complete guidance on today’s most threatening danger i.e. Identity Theft. The enthusiastic techies not only provide info but also offer the tips as well as solutions to avoid & remove this threat. So, let’s start reading the excellent article by the verified McAfee Phone Support techies:
What is identity theft?
It is a wrong practice carried out by the cybercriminals who pretend to be you for accessing your medical care, money, credit or other welfares. The online attackers steal your personal details such as ID passwords, bank account number, etc. and then use that identity for several acts to benefit themselves. To know ‘what activities can the criminals perform using your info?’ contact the McAfee Antivirus Support agents.
Does the identity theft is limited to stealing money or credit?
The knowledgeable McAfee Technical Support researchers answer this question by saying ‘No’. Furthermore, they explained it by saying that though stealing the personal information for accessing your money or credit i.e. financial identity theft is the most common yet it is not the only type of this danger. Some other sorts of identity theft for which the cybercriminals can use your personal information are stated below:
Medical Identity Theft: McAfee experts say this is when the hacker uses your details to obtain medical care. Criminal Identity Theft: This is the case when the attacker assumes your identity as his own g& thus give it to law execution officers, thus listing you in the diary of criminal records.
What can you do to safeguard your identity from being theft?
Some essential tips that will support you to keep your identity protected online are given below:
- Be Careful – you should always be careful while sharing your personal details on the online platform. Prior to providing the information, you must deeply check ‘why the details are needed and by whom’?
- Think twice – The smart McAfee Support professionals recommend you to be cautious while opening any attachment or clicking on any link. They also suggested to never open the attachment or link which is from an unknown person or suspicious source.
- Utilize Secure Wi-Fi – Ensure that you are having a safe Wi-Fi connection during the activities like online shopping, banking, etc.
- Delete files from your System regularly – You must support regular deletion of the unwanted files, folders or applications on your system. Moreover, keeping these deleted files into the recycle bin is also not good, remove them from that location as well.
- Use a good security software such as McAfee LiveSafe to ensure that such files are completely wiped from your device.
- Always keep an excellent antivirus security software like McAfee installed on your device so that it can support your safety from all kinds of virus, worms, rootkits, etc.
- Additional info is available with McAfee Support
How can you know if your identity has been stolen?
The below stated listed is not complete but contains most of what collected by our McAfee Technical Support academics. Therefore, sufficient to offer a decent idea of what you are looking for:
- You obtain a bill for the purchasing that you have not done, which means that someone else has opened an account by your name.
- You are not receiving the usual emails into your inbox is also the sign of identity theft according to the McAfee Support
- You may obtain a credit card even when you have not applied for it.
- McAfee Support academics includes Unfamiliar shopping/ banking on your credit card also in this.
- The credit report obtained by you is showing that you have inquired for the credit, but in reality, you have not.
- For more, consult the McAfee Support
What to do if your identity is stolen?
It is very annoying to know that you have become a victim of identity theft. But don’t worry and follow the steps offered by proficient McAfee Antivirus Support scholars. The following guidelines will surely help you:
- Contact the law enforcement agency and report them that you have fallen a victim to identity theft.
- Consult your credit card firms and banks to notify them about the threatening activity.
- Ask your credit reference assistance to configure a fraud alert. If possible, then also ask them to investigate who has attempted to get the credit in your name.
- Ensure to monitor and manage all the conversations & paperwork. Save your data at one safe place as this may work as the evidence in fixing the mess created by the identity theft.
For additional information on ‘how to protect yourself from being a victim of identity theft, talk to the McAfee Antivirus Support professionals. Get the ideas from these excellent techies by live chatting with them or by calling on the toll-free McAfee Support Phone Number – 0-800-368-7760.